Pushing the pedal to the metal

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 06:46:44 -0500

It would be interesting to know how many piano owners really know what the
three pedals do.  Would it be even half?  Sometimes they will tell me the
middle pedal doesn't do anything, when in fact it is functioning just fine.
Of course, there are those pianos which have a nonfunctional middle pedal,
just for the looks.

If the owner is nearby and appears interested, I sometimes just take a
little time for a "show and tell" on what the pedals do.

Regards,
Clyde