Windows XP (hOT)

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:34:52 -0500

At 09:00 AM 01/09/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Phil, and others..
>
>I just installed Windows XP and have absolutely nothing but good things to
>say about
>it so far. Havent had one crash yet, and the only thing that is lacking is
>the fact
>that not all the hardware companies out there have gotten relavant drivers
>finished
>and available for download.
>
>Security issues I have read about are largely overstated for the home
>computer, and
>in anycase can be addressed by taking the appropriate measures we have all
>had to
>take all along. Most notably the use of firewall protection in the case of
>DSL like
>connections, and a good antivirus program in anycase.
>
>I dont think we have got to the point where we need to worry about that webcam
>turning itself on yet. :)
>
>--

I'm in the middle of the second crash of XP Pro. It seems to me that
although it is lightening fast it is very sensitive.
Even if the software claims XP compatiblity, check for the latest
updates/patches.
There are a lot of problems surfacing with this OS.

It seems rather egocentric to me for a corporation to produce an item which
does not get along with so many other
products currently on the market and forces the consumer to jump through hoops.

Go to all your software and hardware websites and look for the latest
patches often as well as the
Windoze Update site (there's always something there).