Terry/Yamaha Voicing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:58:07 -0800

 Terry,
(Hmm?, I seem to be doing a lot of talking to you)<G>
In order to do a proper evaluation of voicing, (on any piano), you need to
make sure that the piano is in tune, in GOOD regulation and all mechanical
aspects are up to specs. Then and only then should "voicing" be attempted.
Alot of what Roger talks about, addresses these very considerations. I agree
with Roger.
>From what you described, it sounds like a recondioning of the action,
(especially action center gram resistance!), is in order. Then a full
regulation, string seating, leveling, damper timing, yada, yada. (You know
the drill).
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)