Pitch Raise Experiment

sid blum sid@sover.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:51:00 -0500

> Each player is also supplied with several
> sets of bass strings and tuning pins for the piano,
> and a tuning lever and/or crank.  The players point
> the pianos at their targets (the other players, hence
> the protective clothing and helmets), install a
> string, and rapidly crank it sharp until it snaps,
> hopefully throwing the string out of the piano toward
> their target.

Reminds me of old Friday night shop game:

By way of quickly de-stringing old upright on the way to the dumpster,
place piano on tilter, remove bottom(pedal)panel, aim bottom of piano
towards open shop door.

Apply hammer and cold chisel to bass string below pressure bar.

Scoring is computed by distance.