speaking of spinets... (was Re: Pitch Raise Experiment K&Cambell)

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:14:23 -0800 (PST)

My cousin has a Thearle 36" spinet that has a
wonderful tone in the plain wire section.  It is even
fuller than my R****, or my mom's baby grand or some
pianos I have heard.  It IS on the bright side, but I
personally like it that way.  Middle C especially
sounds to me like it could come from a good-size
grand.  Any ideas on how I could figure out how the
manufacturer managed to get such good tone out of the
top 4 octaves of such a small instrument?