Pitch Raise Experiment K&Cambell

Don Rose drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:25:55 -0600

Hi Stephen,

I would revise your chart like this

2 cent flat tune
3 to 50 cents flat tune single pass with over pull using an etd.
50 to 1000 cents tune with overpull capped at 5 cents for bass strings and
25 cents for treble strings, then do a second pass with overpull as etd
calculates. Tune again in three months to one week depending on intial
pitch and end results.

At 09:46 AM 01/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Ok, here's a question on how to do pitch raises
>(provided the piano can take 440:)
>
>Here's the methods I can come up with on how to do it
>-- can anyone point out any errors in my ways?
>
>up to 10 cents flat -- tune.
>10 to 50 cents flat -- pull up with overpull, then
>tune (2 passes)
>50 to 200 cents flat -- pull up to pitch, then
>overpull, then tune (3 passes)

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/