Pitch

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:43:15 -0800

All,
A comment was made, "I can see no justification for raising the pitch....."
I will give ONE very strong reason: EAR TRAINING. If some continue to leave
pianos "where they are", etc, for little Johnny to practice on, we will
never get rid of the horrible phenomenon of "Tin Ears". Please consider
this. Music is to be loved, enjoyed and to ease our day to day stresses.
IMHO any piano that is out of tune or not at proper pitch does none of that.
Respectfully,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)