It seems "the big boys" win again

William J Schlipf wjstuner@juno.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:53:55 -0600

Dear list,  I know noone said life is fair, but..........why do the big
boys always win at least at the beginning?
Yesterday, in talking with the owner of a local music store, I was
informed he would no longer be a Yamaha acoustic piano and Clavinova
dealer.  It seems he got this letter from Yamaha the day after Christmas.
 The other Yamaha dealer her in central Illinois that surrounds this
store (they have the rest of the central part of the state) has been
exerting pressure and are tired of battling (my) stores pricing
structure.  He has foloowed the letter of the agreement with Yamaha, the
big boys have not done the same, and sales have been outstanding, meeting
or supassing Yamaha's goals.  But the pressure must have gotten to
Yamaha.
My rant is done, sorry for the blowoff.  If anyone wants to know, the
store is probably going to be a Kawai dealer and Don Mannino, I will be
asking you some things from time to time!
Bill Schlipf
Bloomington, IL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.