Pitch

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:41:42 -0800 (PST)

Speaking of singing hymns with a piano that's tuned to
the "wrong" pitch... I thought of something --

Let's say the piano is 300 cents flat, but in tune
with itself.  The congregation is about to sing a song
that has the sopranos hitting near G#5 or higher (with
the piano correctly tuned, that is).  Tell the piano
player and/or song leader something like "Oh, by the
way, this piano might make it a little easier on the
sopranos."  :)