Pitch

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:19:21 -0500

Stephen,

How many hymns did you find in your own hymnbook with a G#5 for the
sopranos?  Maybe in a descant, although even that is unlikely.  And what
will a 300c flat piano do to the basses?  Or, if the congregation sings
in unison, would a hymn be printed with G#s that the alto and bass-type
voices are expected to sing?  Responsible hymnbook editors take into
consideration the average range of a congregation and will rarely, if
ever, deviate from that.

Some of us are trying to be patient with you, because we recognize your
potential.  But your flirtings with the irrational are making patience
increasingly difficult.  Video games and TV are there to entertain you;
this list is not, even though you use it that way far too often.  (Are
you tempted to make a joke out of this, too?  Don't.)

Regards,
Clyde