Dampp-Chaser

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:41:11 -0500

David,

The first thing is to be sure that the problem is caused by high
humidity.  A client will not be happy if you install the components and
the problem remains.  Since I live in an area where we go through a wide
range of humidity annually, I ask if the problem goes away during the
dry season.  If it doesn't, controlling high humidity won't help
anything.  But I've never been to California, so I don't know if that's
a practical suggestion for you.

I don't know if prices from distributors are identical, but they should
be close enough to each other that I wouldn't make that an issue.  Take
your pick.  For reliable installation information, contact Dampp-Chaser
directly (telephone 800-438-1524), and they will be happy to help you.

For the piano such as you describe, I would use a 48-50A dehumidifier
and an H-2 humidistat.  Mounting the rod about halfway between the
keybed and the bottom, or a little higher, should work just fine.

Regards,
Clyde