Key Bushing Mortises

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:59:32 -0600

>So, what to do. If this were my piano for life, I would rout out or chisel
>out the proper recess.

Terry,
Perhaps the Gods of The Preservation of Sacred Authenticity won't notice
just this once if you fix it. I'd break out the router and go with what you
already apparently think is the mechanically right thing to do. I don't see
much point in letting the original builder shoot you in the foot all these
years after the fact unless the owner is a relative and is likely to check.
Fix it now or fight it later.

Hey, another shop sign is born!

Ron N