Key bushings/"flap"

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:12:39 EST

joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> The "flap" is necessary! Actually, the "bend" is what is necessary. The
> "bend" is the actual bearing point and is far more efficient if it's done

Joe:

After reading Jim's explanation, I can understand why the flap is necessary.
I still don't think it is crucial, but I can understand why it is there. But
now, you make another statement that I don't understand. What do you mean by
bearing point? The bottom of the key is supposed to be lower than the top of
the pin. So how can the bedn be a bearing point?

Wim