hammer softening liquid

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:01:29 -0800

I disagree.  With a single needle the tool can be used very effectively. =
 But different pokes for different folks.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: January 11, 2002 7:49 PM
  Subject: Re: hammer softening liquid

  In a message dated 1/11/02 11:44:04 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:=20

    My advice is use needles.  The small voicing tool for=20
    uprights made by Yamaha (held between your thumb and forefinger) =
with a=20
    single needle in it will give you enough maneuverability to work=20
    effectively.  =20
    David Love

  David=20

  While the Yamaha voicing tool is an effective way of voicing, you =
would almost need to have the strength of Swartzeneger (Sp?), to get the =
results Terry is looking for. What he is trying to do is hard needling =
to soften up the hammers. That tool will not do it.=20

  Wim=20