Wim/taking too long to tune ??

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:44:16 +0100

Susan Kline wrote:

> At 09:46 AM 1/12/2002 -0500, you wrote about Kimball spinets:
> >It ain't gonna sound any better no matter what you do.
>
> Alas, this isn't true, IMHO. If you sweat bullets over these
> dratted things, they WILL sound better than if you don't.
> They will still sound awful, of course, just not AS awful.
> It's not a very pleasant use of time, but it does give
> results, of a sort.
>
> Susan

Just for the sake of .... well ..... has anyone tried BB's suggestion of
a mild out of tune tuning on these ahh... instruments.

I have actually tried an approximation of his EBVT on a couple rather
challanged ity bitys I have to deal with from time to time, and really I
gotta give him a big point on this score. Seems to work well.

Just food for thought.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.