Bob's query re. my credentials

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:48:39 -0800

Bob,
A fair question, indeed. I got my tuning training from Jerry Heermans,
Portland, who arranged for me to get shop training with the Fandrich
Brothers, who were in Portland at the time. That is Del and Darrel. This all
started in 1973. I survived 4 moves of the Fandrich Shop and a little over 3
years under Del's excellent tutelage, before going out on my own. On the
advice of Emil Fries of the Piano Hospital, Vancouver, I specialize in the
difficult types of pianos, rebuild, Tune, ect. I have taught at all levels
of PTG and have held all offices in my local chapter. I think my background
in woodworking/boat building, (a lifetime endeavor), helped me to learn the
necessary skills for rebuilding. I also had, (in a previous period of
insanity), managed Restaurants and even did several years as an Inhalation
Therapist in the Hospital Industry. One final thing, I'm a bass player.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)