Jorgensen -- got it!

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:41:08 -0500 (EST)

I got a copy of Jorgensen's _Tuning_! I paid a pretty penny, but ended up
with a copy in new condition. The bookstore said it came to them with the
original shrink wrap on.

I searched on alibris.com, at Powell's bookstore in Oregon at powells.com
(NOT powellbooks.com, that's an Ebay-owned site that opens lots of windows
with ads), and at the American Book Exchange at abebooks.com. I finally
got it through abebooks.com, which searches tons of bookstores for a book
and allows you to sign up for email notification if your book comes in
anywhere, which it finally did. It took about three weeks for one to come
in.

The bookstore that had it was Chatham Bookseller in Madison, NJ, and they
wrapped up the book carefully like it was going to a museum, and I got it
in two days. I'd certainly deal with them again.

I'm writing all this for the benefit of anyone else who might be searching
the archives in the future. I'll add some keywords:

Owen Jorgensen
Jogensen's book
Tuning
Jorgensen publication