Steinway C

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:05:53 -0700

    I work for Washburn in Phoenix. The names of the people who most =
likely did the work on that piano would be John Gottschalk and Brent =
Fischer.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Alkana=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 2:12 PM
  Subject: Steinway C

  Folks,
  I had a wonderful tuning experience on Friday. A Steinway model C =
serial No. 105173. Pierce shows it to be a 1902. I note that there are =
dates of discontinuance for the model A and the model O but nothing for =
the model C. Does anyone know how long Steinway produced that model here =
in the US? Why it was discontinued?

  Aside from a strange type of false beat (very faint) in the higher =
treble (looks like uneven lengths of wire for each unison) the piano was =
absolutely beautiful, both in an aural and visual sense. I believe the =
style is a Louis XV, done in Mahogany, rewhatevered done by Washburn =
Pianos in Phoenix. Looks like a new board, but hard to tell about the =
bridge. Everything clean and shiny. Nice work by those people. Anyone =
know of the names of the craftsmen or if they associate with the list?

  What think ye about the model C, I don't recall see that model =
discussed much on this list? Give me more of this piano type!

  Joseph Alkana  RPT
  josephspiano@attbi.com