my own Soundboard

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:23:55 EST

In a message dated 1/12/2002 9:52:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

      Gregg writes
> .
>     I thought that tongue and groove might be a good idea long before I
> heard about it here. Lately I've been day dreaming about finger joints. Any
> feelings on how that might work in a soundboard situation? It seems that a
> finger joint would offer more surface area than a tongue and groove. Call
> me a ponderer.
>     I would love to here from

            Greg -Finger joints will not work. Even the tongue and groove
joints must be positioned towards the bottom side of the panel so that they
are not exposed while diaphramizing.
        If you've not ever tried to make a straight line over large lengths
of wood then I must tell you how difficult it is even for the best
woodworkers.
      Dale