String Tension Calculation

Alex Galembo alex@speech.kth.se
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:07:03 +0100

Hi, Terry,

Two ways.

First, simple - go to
http://www.geocities.com/galembo_alex/chc3.html
fill the form:
587.3295358  (nonstretched D5, use dot to separate decimals)
Inharmomicity 0
semitones 0
cents 60
Press "Calculate"
Receive result :608.0417 Hz

Second: calculate (for examplee, using Excel:
Freq(D5)*2^60/1200)

best luck

Alex

************
Alexander Galembo, Ph.D
Visiting Researcher
Dept. of Speech, Music and Hearing
Royal Institute of Technology
Drottning Kristinas v. 31
SE-10044, Stockholm
Sweden

Tel. work 46-8-7907856  home 46-8-7369978 Fax  46-8-7907854
email: alex@speech.kth.se
WEB http://www.geocities.com/galembo_alex/