Speed Tuning/ David Love's Comments vs Jim Bryants

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:47:55 -0800

Thank you David. You read my post as I meant it, just used more words. <G>
Mr. Bryant's bash was unwarranted IMHO. It seems the only time he posts is
to slam someone, who is trying to make a point and it hits his "hot" button.
:-( I certainly did not wish to bash anyone with my comments, but rather to
cause some of the "speed tuners" to reflect on the concept of "Speed" vs
"Quality". There are, IMO, many very fine, FAST, tuners out there. They have
the envious ability to do Quality work at a very Rapid pace. I am not one of
those. I strive to give each client the very best tuning that their piano is
capable of, every time. Time does not enter into the equation for me. If it
did, then I would not work on Bird-cages, clunky uprights or Square Grands.
I try to go the extra mile for these customers, because they have been made
to feel like "lepers", because of the type of piano they own. I consider the
time I spend to be "damage control" for the image of our beloved profession.
Respectfully,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)