Challen Piano

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:15:12 +0200

Challen - Made in England. Usually there is a date on the left-hand side =
of the keyframe, under A0. =20

Brian

=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: James Baker=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: 13 January, 2002 07:08 PM
  Subject: Challen Piano

  Can anyone give me information on this brand? A customer of mine =
bought a Challen grand from an antique shop.  The piano came with a =
sales certificate that states the serial number as 9895 which makes it =
130 years old but the piano appears to be much younger to me.  I believe =
the number on the certificate is actually a case part number (the lid =
prop), but I cannot find a serial number anywhere.  It has a =
Herrburger-Brooks (sp?) action.