my own Soundboard

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:10:25 -0600

>Wowah! Tell me more, tell me more, please! What is the difference. Why one
>and not the other. I simply do not know what the difference is. I guess I
>had been assuming all along that Titebond II was better. What are their
>characteristics and what makes one good for piano work and one not good.
>Thanks so much Ron - I really appreciate you sharing your experience.
>
>Terry Farrell

Terry,
Just my impressions. I find original TB dries harder than TB II. That
probably isn't a big deal as far as joint strength is concerned because TB
II may very well be stronger. I don't really know, but I like the way
original TB cleans up better after it's dry, and it's plenty strong for any
use I've put it to. TB II is more water resistant, but I don't see much of
an advantage to water resistance in piano work, and original TB mostly
washes out of my blue jeans. TB II contains a nasty yellow dye that stains
everything it touches, including my hands. It doesn't wash out of anything,
and I tend to be somewhat less than timid when I'm spreading glue. That's
it. Personal preference.

Ron N