my own Soundboard

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:37:58 EST

In a message dated 1/13/2002 2:30:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Subj:Re: my own Soundboard
> Date:1/13/2002 2:30:15 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net">gnewell@ameritech.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet

                   Hi Gregg

    The joint under discussion is replacing the butt joint between the panel
edges with a tongue and groove joint. If you follow that then think about
cutting this long boardVERY,TOTALLY straight joint on some piece of
machinery.  Each board must be cut Totally straight on both its edges and yes
so there are no gaps between. Also this is an advantage as Ron O said that
thinner thicknesses of spruce can be joined thereby saving material. With
grade A spruce at $8 to $10 a board foot (and the average panel requireing 25
bd. ft of material) any screw ups are going to add up in a hurry.
  Hope that helps . I have trouble following my own train of thought too.

                     Dale Erwin