Speed Tuning/ analogy

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:09:21 +0100

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 13/01/02 6:22:15 PM, drpt@sk.sympatico.ca writes:
>
> << I believe that there is a stability issue with slow tunings. I believe that
> faster tunings atleast where I live result in more stable tunings. Has
> anyone else who lives in an extreme climate noticed this?
>  >>

I am not so sure about this Don. Sure .... leaving well enough alone has its
merits. And overworking a tuning often seems to result in instability. But I dont
know if this is the same thing as what you say above.  I am a "slow" tuner by some
of the standards I see tossed around here.  Yet if I run into stability problems
its almost always because I am rushed and cant take the time I need to make sure
strings sit where I want them too. This seems to very quite a bit depending on the
piano more then it does anything else.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.