tuning speed

Don Rose drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:13:05 -0600

Hi David,

I don't call it a tuning until no note is moved more than 2 cents.
Stability is no problem. And I find that the faster I go within those small
parameters the more stable the instrument is.

A two pass tuning for me would be a *very* major pitch correction not a
tuning at all. 50 to 1000 cents change. The piano will not be stable under
those circumstances.

At 12:15 PM 01/14/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Reading all these posts on whether one pass or two is more accurate I think
>that the focus has been in the wrong area.  All things being equal, two
>passes will always be more accurate than one.

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.