tuning speed ... muting!

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:45:22 -0600

I always pitch-raise without muting.  It's certainly faster than
moving the mute.  TuneLab Pro makes it easy as you can use the
spectrum display in zoomed in mode.  It will show the peaks for all
three strings.  There is also an indicator of +/- 10-cents and +/-
100 cents so you get a very comprehensive view of what's happening.
The nice thing is you can keep it in auto note-switching mode.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts