violin service

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:23:32 -0600

Trying to resurrect an old violin, which  hasn't been played for
40 years.  Don't know if in fact I will ever again be able to play
anything. Would like to return it to good playing condition.
" It is not now." If there is a tech. who could instruct me with
some detail; bridge, post position, etc., please write me off list,
so we don't annoy piano people. Am a piano tech., so have much
technical knowledge, but not violin.!! My grandchildren think I
can repair anything, and I don't want to destroy my image. ( grin )
If someone knows of a website where this type of info. can be had,
I would be very grateful.There are some sites re. violin, but haven't
found one that gives the kind of info. I need.

Carl/ Winnipeg/ Canada.