Spread-Cheeks Wurlie

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:59:47 -0500

Hi Everyone!

Just for the amusement value ....

Have any of you tried servicing a "Juke-Box" style Wurlitzer spinet?  =
Shall we say politely, that getting the thing opened up for servicing =
was counter-intuitive at best.  When all was said and done short of =
smashing case parts, the sides which curved around and formed about 2/3 =
of the front swung outward giving it the "spread-cheeks" look.  =
Comically strange.

Too bad the piano itself was nothing to write home about -- bad =
pinblock, blown-out bridges, etc. ... clinically dead but it was an =
heirloom so I did what I could to improve it without blowing out the =
budget.  (Sorry -- I didn't have a camera with me.  Maybe next time.)

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net