Regulated/Keydip changed

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:18:48 EST

List:
Six months ago I leveled the keys, set the key height to 11/16", keydip 3/8"
and regulated a Kimball Studio 1970's model piano. Today ..six months later I
had to shim the front rail approx 1/8 of inch order for the key dip to be
again set a 1/8"deep.
The keyframe was secured to the key bed  but over the years according to the
screw heads, tuners have been removing and tightening these screws. The
problem must be an old one. It appears the keybed has dropped in the middle
section. Any thoughts on the cause and how to fix?

Thank you
Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.