Baldwin Acu-Just Hitch Pins

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:54:42 EST

David:
Baldwin has specially designed tools and instructions on setting the proper
bearing on this type piano. In answer to your questions all treble strings
must be pulled up to A440. The strings are tapped down with the brass tool or
pulled up with a coil lifter setting the proper bearing for each section of
strings according to the chart provided by Baldwin. You absolutely must have
that chart or I believe you may be playing "Russian Roulette" There is a
bubble gauge that you place between the bridge and hitch pins that guide you
through the bearing setting process. Pianos equipped with these hitch pins
are designed to function with a minimun positive bearing at the bridges
compared with other pianos.  If you cannot get the instructions from
Baldwin....I have them in hand but no bubble gauge and that I believe is a
must.
Hope this little bit will help. Oh, once you set the bearing for one string
you cannot recheck it  after you set the bearing on the next string.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala. (just an associate)