Baldwin L Buzz

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:05:27 EST

Terry,

Look not just on top of the sound board, but also on the under surface of the
board.  I once went 'way overtime tuning a Young Chang grand, running late on
my next appointment because I could not find a very loud buzz.  I finally
looked underneath the board and found, of all things, a "Stick-Up" air
freshener stuck to he under surface of the board!  I had been held up by a
"Stick-Up!"

When I showed the offending gadget to the owner about it, she was nonplussed.
 They did not use the things!

Only at the next tuning did the story come out.  The family had gone on a
trip and had a relative come over and feed the cat.  The cat did a mess near
the piano.  Dutiful relatives not only cleaned it up but also got creative in
deodorizing the room.

Another time I was able to silence a quiet (could not be heard 10 feet away)
but nagging buzz in a S&S M in a school, by connecting the hose of my vacuum
cleaner to the exhaust outlet and moving the collected under-plate trash out
in the open.  The offender was a hinge screw.

Bill Maxim
Maxim Piano Service
212 Newpark Place
Columbia, SC 29212-8666