my own Soundboard

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:40:38 -0500

I thought about this a while more Dale - actually, thinking about =
whether I should or not - and I think one of the big reasons is that I =
absolutely LOVE working with wood. My first degree was in Forestry - =
that's how much I love wood. If I thought about doing this five or ten =
years from now when I am clearing $60,000 to $100,000 a year rebuilding =
pianos (hey, everyone needs to have goals!), I could never try it =
because it would cost me TENS of thousands of dollars (in lost wages). =
Dabbling with this now is much easier to swallow financially because - =
well, let's just say I'm well below the aforementioned income range. And =
I am just not that busy now. I am busy full time, but I don't have much =
of a waiting line to get into my shop, so I can wiggle this kind of =
stuff in.

And it adds significantly to the romance of piano rebuilding. That is =
important to me.

Terry Farrell =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20
      From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
      To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
      Sent: January 18, 2002 11:25 AM
      Subject: Re: my own Soundboard

         So tell me again why is it that you and Greg are so determined =
to spend thousands of dollars in time and money to make one or two =
soundboards when you can order a couple premade panels for 1k and before =
you learn and refine the REST of the process? There is so much to =
juggle.
    For the fun of it Dale, for the fun of it...and the challange.

    Del=20