emergency for someone near Biloxi

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:56:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ed,

It's Saturday evening, about 9:45pm as I write
this.  I just came across your post on the list.

I'm probably an hour's drive from Biloxi but I
don't want to say yes I can do it without knowing
a little more about it.

I do NOT work well under pressure.  I'm not a
fast tuner.  I can't knock out a concert level
tuning in an hour, wouldn't even try.  If it's
quiet, they'll leave me alone, and they have a
nicely tunable piano, two to two and one half
hours will deliver a nice tuning.  Those are
three BIG "ifs" which I almost never get, hense,
I seldom do any concert work.  Actually, I don't
do much tuning.

So, I guess I wondered if they're: 1) easily
accessible, 2) able to provide me with quiet, 3)
able to provide me with a couple of hours (2 1/2
is even better) of "quality time" with the piano,
4) in posession of a quality instrument that's in
condition to receive a concert level tuning...
hmmm, I'm probably leaving out something...

And,... although I'm not particularly money
motivated, I would be interested in knowing what
this might be worth.  A standard $80 tuning fee
I'll blow off in a heartbeat.  If it were to
approach the $200 level, it starts to look
interesting.

If you get this yet this evening, and you still
need someone, I wouldn't mind knowing more.  I'm
not in the office at the moment, but I'll be
likely to check the e-mail another time or two
yet tonight.

Not trying to be obnoxious, just trying to lay my
cards on the table.  Don't know if they're of use
or not.

Drop me a note if you want to.  If not, I'll
understand.

Take care,

Brian

--- A440A@AOL.COM wrote:
> Greetings all,
>    I just had an emergency request to tune a
> piano in Biloxi, Mississippi
> tomorrow,(Sunday).
> This is for a major recording event and the
> tuner they had didn't do a
> credible job today.
> Since I am already booked for an unavoidable
> engagement tomorrow,(plus, it is
> icing and I don't want to get in a small
> chartered plane to go down
> there....)  I told them I would send out a SOS
> on the list and see if anybody
> was interested. This is an ET job,only!!  Pay
> would be considerable.
>    If you can do this,(probably should be
> somewhere near there,) give me a
> call at