Chickering Type pinblock

Les Conover locolesco@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:55:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Tommy,
    You didn't get much responce, so I'll give you my
2 cents worth.  You can try applying heat; I don't
think you can do any damage considering how hot plates
are when they are manufactured.  Also, with the plate
upside down, you might drill a hole right next to the
stuck screw down to the area where the screw threads
into the plate.  Then dribble a penetrating oil like
Liquid Wrench down the hole so it can get to the
rusted threads.  Let it set a while and then try again
to loosen it, maybe with an impact screwdriver.  If
all else fails, drill the head off, remove the pin
block and then deal with the screw stubs with an
extractor tool of some kind. They should come out.  If
not, these blocks have enough screws that you can do
without one or two.  Good luck.