Soundboard Press

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:00:22 -0600

>Glad you are warm again. "It's always sumpthin."  Did you repair with
>plexiglas........not that there is any chance it would happen again?

Yes, we're warm again. Still hot, in fact. Replaced with glass, which in
fact is considerably thinner these days than it was 50 years ago.
Hopefully, what this will end up costing the parents will get their attention.

>I take it you are referring to the big two-tier triangular wheeled cart he
>uses? If that is accurate, your clamps are not tri-level like his, but
>rather only have two beams - you set the lower beam (that has a bit of
>radius cut into it???) down on a flat table or whatever, set your board
>up-side-down atop that, and then apply glue and your rib, and then set the
>upper beam with the hose on top of the rib and attach the top beam to the
>lower beam and inflate??????

Correct.

> How do you keep the rib from squirming around??

I've used toothpicks through the ends of the ribs and into, but not through
the panel, thumbtacks, dumb luck, and thin blocks of wood temporarily
clamped to the panel edges on either side of the rib end as "keepers". It
all works, and it's all a bit of a pain. I'm open to suggestion.

>Simple sure sounds good to me! Also, I only have 1,000 squre feet in my
>shop, and the last thing I need is another cart that does not do anything
>most of the year! Thanks for the info.

I like simple. This works very well for me.

Ron N