The Verituner, an opinion from a user in Holland

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:59:48 +0100

Thanks for your response Paul Larudee,

my last e-mail was not meant personally for you but more in general
and of course I understand the reasoning behind your complaints.
I personally have no complaints at all, but maybe this has to do with the
fact that I almost never do double tunings anymore.
The other day I did a double tuning on a Bösendorfer concert grand. It was
about 3 Hz too low and it took me exactly 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete
the task of bringing it up to the desired pitch.
The concert was in the evening and I checked the tuning again and amazed to
find a very stable tuning exactly at 444.

For the double tuning I charged 2 tunings, which is fair, attending the
concert is another matter.

So my question is : do you think 1 hour and 45 minutes is slow for a double
Verituner concert tuning?
(I am not opposed to your opinion, I am merely curious)

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland