Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:00:42 +0100

John Delacour wrote: snip snip

> And Ron Nossaman wrote in reply: snip snip

Just thought I would put in a few closing words to this thread, as I am
satisfied that the most important points have been well covered, considered
and correctly illuminated.

I think it is, for the most part, obvious at this point that the Great Sound
board Diaphragm debate has dealt a dunderous and decisive defeat to the
Compressionists in these proceedings with only a few points of exception,
interesting ones at that, but still.  Having lent more then just an
interested ear in this direction I must also admit downfall and doom in this
instance. I probably have less problem making this admission having become
accustomed to making a total nine ball of myself at regular intervals.
Grin... Those on this list who have "known"  me since I first appeared can
testify to that and, methinks, lend 100 % agreement to supposition that the
likelihood of more then a few repeat performances in the future is large.
Those who have known me longer will guarantee it. :)  Course the bright side
is that I learn a lot this way, and I suppose more few who also haven't a
clue listen along, learning as well as they read the back and forths and ups
and downs from those who know more and those who know less.

I am left thinking about the comments made earlier on the lines of the
teaching value of this forum, and of the pedagogic virtues of different modes
of discussion.  Surely we can carry on, ask the dumb questions and push them
to the edge if that's what is necessary to learn more, without needing to
shout at or becoming impatient with each other.

My best to you all

But I am still working on that tuning fork deal... just so you know.. hehe.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.