Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:48:19 +0100

Charles Neuman wrote:

> So, when you have a big but not infinite mass (i.e. the "free" termination
> point moves only a little bit), you have a node very near the free
> termination point, but not actually AT it.

Actually, that node...if you can call it that, can end up being on either side
of the bridge termination, depending on a few things... which can have some
interesting inharmonicity consequences.

Glad to see you meld yourself into the discussion Charles. I look forward to
some good reading ! :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.