Soundboard Press

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:14:33 -0500

> When feathering, I stop just about 1/2" from the end just so that I don't
> have to clamp that piece of wood to the rib. After gluing the board, just
> use a kerf saw to finish the feathering and I'm done.

I'm having trouble trying to picture and understand what you and Brian are
talking about. When feathering the end of the rib (the taper on the last
several inches of each rib)? How in the world would you put most of the
taper in except for the last 1/2"? Why would you need some extra wood on the
rib end while clamping the rib to the panel? Maybe these are stupid
questions because I am just missing some major concept. But what might that
be? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Terry Farrell