moisture meters

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:08:42 -0500

Greetings once again,
    I am spending much time of late thinking through the soundboard
making and installing process. It seems to me that even though the Sitka
I have purchased and may one day actually receive has been kiln dried. I
do not know what it's moisture content will be and how whatever level it
is presently at will affect my efforts. It occurs to me that I might
want to obtain a moisture meter to test the wood throughout the process.
Are there any recommendations as to either the need and or the model or
style meter one should buy? I'm looking for the most bang for my buck.
(aren't we all) I hope to use it for many other woodworking items as
well. Do any of you have opinions on how well the needle-less ones work
vs. the traditional needle type? Any light you could share would be
helpful.

Greg
--
Greg Newell