Moisture control of soundboard wood.

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:47:23 -0500

For spruce that has been kept in a climate controlled shop (70 to 80 degrees
and 40 to 55% RH), i.e. not stored outside in the rain, when gluing on ribs,
etc. when you have your panel in the heated box to get its moisture content
down to 6% or so, how long do you commonly need to keep it there for it to
reach equilibrium - so that you can be sure it is at the desired MC? (Boy,
that was a mouthful!)

Terry Farrell

SNIP