Refinishing Warning

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:27:33 EST

Lacquer drying too fast trapping moisture will cause the finish to
blush....white. El cheap oh lacquer will cause the finish to look
unclear...dull...a little frosty glass looking.....el cheap oh stain will
cause the finish to look dull. I have been refinishing pianos for a number of
years and pay high dollar for quality lacquer which produces quality
work....that is if I know how to appy it. Retarder will prevent blushing but
it will increase the gloss and decrease the hardness of the finish. On the
other hand too much "fish eye" will cause the finish to turn dull and
"Purple".

Tommy Black
Just an associate in Decatur, Ala.