Wapin bridge

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:32:06 -0600

>Ron,
>I couldn't tell if you were being serious or facetious.  How does having a
>vertical pin 'steer' the vibrations one way or the other?
>
>Phil F

Phil,
That's the story. I haven't gotten around to exploring this one way or
another, but I think the premise is that a string most naturally vibrates
perpendicular to the termination. Why it would vibrate perpendicular to the
bridge pin, but parallel to the capo, I don't know. As I said, I haven't
explored it and may very well not come up with any real answers if I ever
do. I don't know if the Wapin folks have a good explanation or not.

Ron N