"Farrell"/finishing warning

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:09:43 -0800

Terry,
Be aware that most refinishers are at the mercy of the EPA, OSHA and all
those beaurocratic alphabets. The reason you experienced this "Milky"
finish, is that these idiots are constantly changing the acceptable formula
for Lacquer. The refinisher, that I've been using for almost 30 years, is
constantly battling this problem. Just about the time he figures out how to
get a decent finish with the formula de jour, they change it! Kinda' like
trying to hit a moving target with a cannon. The Bureaus are trying to force
the finishing industry to change to Water Based products, when they haven't
come up with a water based lacquer that is tried and tested for longivety,
etc. I know there are those of you who use the stuff and swear by it. I
prefer to swear at it. It's just like the use of CA glues. Longivety????
Quick and Dirty should not be the norm here. (Flame Suit Hermetically
Sealed!)
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)