Tuning Pin Size

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 14:03:58 -0800

Good point.  There is a slightly greater danger of this than there would
be with ordinary pins.  The larger the size difference between the two
portions, the greater the risk.  However, if the pin is that tight, it
won't be tunable anyway.  On the other hand, I don't think I would
advise a 6.75mm. top on a size 5/0 (7.45mm.) base.  I may be
overcautious, but I wouldn't go over a half millimeter difference in
diameter (= 1/4 mm. radius).  I haven't done the math on the stress
factors.

Paul