Tuning Pin Size

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:27:21 -0800

Terry,

All of what you mention affects shearing, but the bottom portion also
affects it by concentrating the shear forces at the point where the
diameter changes.  In other words, the greater the difference, the more
torsion and flex will end at that point and the less those forces will
be distributed thoughout the pin.

Paul