Tuning Pin Size

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:19:59 -0800

Terry,

I am not an engineer, but I consulted one while researching for my
patent, and that's how it was explaiened to me.  The problem is that
when you twist or flex the top portion, the bottom portion doesn't twist
or flex as much.  If you twist or flex the pin that is 2" in diameter in
the base and .276" in the top portion to the breaking point, it's going
to break at the transition point every time.  If your argument were
correct, it would break randomly at any point along the top portion.
Are there any engineers who would care to elaborate?  Carl?

Paul