Estey lyre support rods

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:31:56 -0800

At 11:27 PM 1/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Like, was I wrong to
>tell this lady who called that $950 was a steal of a price for a 6'6"  1925
>Kimball. Maybe I could have had it if I hadn't sounded like I wanted it.

What goes around comes around. Just deal fairly and it'll come out all right.

I'm working on an old 1908 Kimball about that length, which got mashed up
by many years in a high school. Those old Kimballs were really BUILT! Even
now it sounds great. Though the piano is not all that long, the designers
didn't chintz on the layout. Long backlengths to the bass strings, the
hitch pins don't crowd against the rim, and no bass bridge apron. They
just didn't worship a long speaking-length. The bass bridge is well out
in the board, and the sound is really good.

I wonder if you noticed the bass string layout in the 1926 -- wonder if
they were still doing it the same way then.

Susan