Wapin bridge

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:09:31 -0600

Hi David,

It would have been interesting to compare just tapping down the strings....

I.e. Record piano *as is* (after tuning of course)
then record piano again after tapping down everywhere and lifting at
agraffes etc. tuning again
and finally wapinizing and then recording.

The recordings could then be looked at with something like cool edit pro to
give visual confirmation to the subjective *aural* impressions.

At 11:52 AM 1/28/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Phillip:
>
>In this case the bridge was not recapped.  Frankly - I'm restricted
>by the license agreement - from saying much more about the procedure.
>

>dave

>On 1/28/2002 at 5:17 PM Phillip L Ford wrote:
>
>>Dave,
>>I'm not familiar with the mechanics of a Wapin installation.  Is the
>bridge
>>recapped and/or bearing (re)set?
>>
>>Phil F
>>---
>>Phillip Ford
>>Piano Service & Restoration
>>1777 Yosemite Ave - 215
>>San Francisco, CA  94124
>>

>>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:23:56
>> David M. Porritt wrote:
>>>Don:
>>>
>>>During the two days that it took to perform the Wapin installation
>>>the weather was quite consistent.  It is also in a very well
>climate
>>>controlled home.  There was a significant difference in the sound
>>>between Friday morning (before the work was done) and Saturday
>>>afternoon upon completion of the modification.
>>>
>>>dave

Regards,